28 Jan Healthy Fish Taco Recipe
Fish Tacos were always something I screwed my nose up at….until I actually ate one and my whole world changed!
Now usually they’re dripping in mayo, sweet chilli sauce and all those extra items that are bad for you, but we’re here to share our healthy fish taco recipe that will still taste like heaven!
2 x pieces firm, white fish
4 x wholegrain/multigrain wraps
1 x handful spinach
1/2 x white onion, diced
2 x tbsp mayo
1 x lemon, cut into wedges
1 x tbsp oil/coconut oil
1/4 cup grated cheese (optional – I find cheese and fish to be too strong of a taste mixed together!)
– Heat oil in a pan over medium heat
– Cook fish in the pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on both sides until cooked through
– Set fish aside to rest
**While the fish is resting:
– Mix together the mayo and juice from one of the lemon wedges. Set aside
– Heat the wraps in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Set aside
– Cut the fish into small pieces (go with the grain where you can so that the fish doesn’t fall apart).
– Place the spinach and onion on the wrap. Top with the fish and drizzle mayo/lemon sauce & cheese if desired. If it needs a little ‘kick’ squeeze one of the fresh lemon wedges over the top and enjoy!
This whole meal should take no longer than 15-20 minutes to put together and is actually super filling! If you’re looking to mix this one up again if its going to be in your usual rotation, try swapping out the white fish for salmon. Yum!
Make sure you tag SC Pilates if you make this meal, we want to see your pics!